|How to Pronounce 24|
|Duration||1min 57 sec|
|Published||31st Aug '13|
Video Details[edit | edit source]
24 lasts for 1 minute and 57 seconds. For the first 1 minute and 42 seconds, The Announcer makes the following speech (a.k.a. the 24 Speech), after which there are 15 seconds of silence until the end:
- "Henri St. Bellerose-Clavier had an eclectic career before he found his way into regulation. He was a French national, but spent most of his twenties as a DJ in East Germany.
- Henri knocks on the door with meaty hands.
- "Let me in," he says.
- The door opens easily. No one is inside, but the office does not look abandoned. Henri audits the materials.
- A wall of filing cabinets, stuffed inoperability with shredded phonebooks. Desk drawers filled with miscut keys, unlabeled. Racks of clothes that would never fit anyone, made from stiff, scratchy fabric that no one would wear. Unopened boxes of leadless pencils. A refrigerator in the kitchenette, welded shut, empty as a crater. Massive CRT monitors at each desk, with decals representing screensavers. Plastic plants spray painted white, then hand painted green. Red phones without wires. Rectangular black phones too heavy to move.
- Henri chews up a piece of candy and thinks about Leipzig. He realizes something.
- "You four, seal up that refrigerator. The rest of you, close the desk drawers, close the filing cabinets. Put those clothes back on the hangers. Put the pencils back in the boxes, as best you can. We're leaving. We're leaving in ten."
- He locks the door behind him. He treats the team to an early dinner at the tower.
- Something is going to happen... in 24 days."
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Leipzig is a city in the federal state of Saxony, East Germany.
Speculation[edit | edit source]
- This office sounds like a cover for something - fake plants, fake screen savers, fake clothes. It seems Henri stumbled onto something he didn't mean to, and decided he'd better split, either for safety or to use his newfound information for blackmail. Whatever the case, he didn't want people to know he'd been there.
- In Bear Stearns Bravo, Impact 1, Jackie tells employees that if they ever see a regulator at Bear Stearns, they should send them to the decoy accounting department on Floor 33 and notify him directly. This appears to be that office.
External Links[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Leipzig, Wikipedia
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.