|How to Pronounce 25|
|Duration||3 min 24 sec|
|Published||30th Aug '13|
25 lasts for 3 minutes and 24 seconds. For the first 3 minutes and 9 seconds, The Announcer makes the following speech (a.k.a. the 25 Speech), after which there are 15 seconds of silence until the end:
- "The first thought I had was that we'd each been selected because of outstanding performance in our respective jobs. I now realise that I was mistaken.
- It is easy to propagate misconceptions once you have accepted a falsehood, so I must reasonably assume that everything I did thereafter was wrong; or at best, misguided.
- The first step in cooking pasta is purchasing pasta.
- The tailor knows the best type of stitching, but he still asks for your opinion.
- The forest repopulates after a fire.
- She told me, one evening after pasta, about her school days in Europe. We laughed about how different our lives had been. We had no friends in common, which was critical for the private system we shared. We asked each other about people we would never meet. How was Ed? How was Hal?
- Barbara was fired from her job for unclear reasons. Ed was traveling in Europe.
- When we were apart, I spent most of my free time exercising; reading the recommended materials.
- I cleaned out my storage room twice. I threw out momentos from events and people that now embarrass me. A rhythm. A photograph of a pumpkin. Programs from exhibits, exhibitions, plays, operas, lectures, rallies, conferences, retreats.
- Our mannerisms were cross-pollinating. We re-doubled our secret efforts, but all precautions are based on a falsehood. Fleeting unmeasurable gestures performed in strict rituals. A kiss on the cheek. Inspections from missed calls. Loose receipts.
- Go on a long walk. Change your routine. Miles on a car. Flowers. Exotic temperatures on the thermostat. Ebullience. This is temporary, and we should imagine the future. If you want something and envision it clearly, you can obtain it. A bottle of wine.
- My job is important. We need to get this done. A relaxing season. A great idea for a popular show. A performance that stuns the audience. You think of me as often as I think of you. I chose this life.
- Something is going to happen... in 25 days."
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.