|How to Pronounce 28|
|Duration||2 min 13 sec|
|Published||27th Aug '13|
- "I noticed a new ficus tree that was at least a few decades old with curled roots sticking up through the sidewalk that had been rebuilt years ago to accommodate the growth. And long limbs that hung and spread and reached, circling a telephone pole, coming to rest under an adjoining fence that divided an alley from the street.
- Later, at the airport, I mentioned it to Glyph, who disliked trees; he told me I should move immediately. He said he lived in a tall building near the financial center where there was no grass or trees, only a sculpture park. I saw her walking in that park once when I was walking in the park. I was surprised to see her. We pretended not to notice each other, given where we were, whose building we were next to, and who might be looking out absent-mindedly from the top floor through a powerful telescope.
- We were fighting, too, over something inconsequential, subconsciously dreading what we had to do. Neither of us wanted to cede ground to the other by leaving the sculpture park first, so we threw ourselves into the appreciation, made great looping journeys around and through the pedestrian footways, drank from water fountains when we weren't thirsty, sat on damp benches, nodded with competitive smiles to joggers and tourists and bankers on lunch break and admired, over and over, from every vantage, angle, and perspective the monumental pieces, dull for years, until this day, when our panic coats the concrete and metal forms.
- Something is going to happen ... in 28 days."
- This one might give quite a specific location: Glyph (and presumably, also The Announcer and the Mysterious Woman) seems to live in a city where there's a sculpture park near a financial center. I couldn't find one, but maybe that could be a lead.
- The person watching from the telescope: the previous sentences suggest it might be Glyph, but if we proceed with the love triangle theme from previous videos, I would suggest it's Jackie.
- Actually, the previous sentence Glyph is mentioned in refers to a completely different event, and does not implicate him as the shadowy figure in the sculpture park memory.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.